Updated: Feb 3
Happy Monday y’all!
Thursday, February 4th marks World Cancer Day. On this very special day, the ultimate goals are to keep saving an abundance of people all over the world from cancer. How we go about doing this is that we are asked to keep raising awareness, and promote education about this unforgiving disease. “When we choose to come together, we can achieve what we all wish for: a healthier, brighter world without cancer. Together, all of our actions matter.”
Along with the beautiful words of, together all our actions matter, the 2021 chosen theme of “I am and I will” hopes to reach everyone all over the globe. By merely scrolling down on the page, World Cancer day 2021 asks us, the reader, who are we, and what will we do? While the writer could not of asked his readers a more perfect question, I admit, I pondered over my answers for a few moments.
Have I experienced any form of cancer? The answer would be no. However, from the time I was very young, some form of cancer has been within my family members. It has varied from skin cancer, colon cancer and multiple myeloma. Needless to say, I take the subject of cancer very seriously. As a female, I make sure that I get myself checked regularly. I pray that you, my purple butterflies, are doing the same thing. For World Cancer Day, there are many ways that everyone can get involved! I chose to participate in the 21 Days to Impact Challenge. So far, I have received five inspiring emails. Once you register, you will get one email a day. Pictured above and below are the context and badges I have received from my emails. Check it out, if you are curious about it! I’ll leave y’all this week, with this list of heartening songs courtesy of whatnext.com.
1) Don’t Stop By Believin’ (Journey)
2) Three Little Birds (Bob Marley)
3) Gonna Fly Now (Rocky Theme Song)
4) We Are The Champions (Queen)
5) I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
6) Walkin’ On Sunshine (Katrina & The Waves)
7) House Of The Rising Sun (The Animals)
8) Livin’ On A Prayer (Bon Jovi)
9) Eye Of The Tiger (Survivor)
10) Happy (Pharrell Williams)
11) Shower The People (James Taylor)
12) Take It To The Limit (The Eagles)
13) Live Like You Were Dyin’ (Tim McGraw)
14) Don’t Stop (Fleetwood Mac)
15) Follow You, Follow me (Genesis)
16) Unchained Melody (Righteous Brothers)
17) Calling All Angels (Train)
18) Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)
19) Don’t Worry Be Happy (Bobby McFerrin)
20) What A Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
Cancer can be a tough subject to share. I want to reinforce the fact that this website is a safe place. Please feel free to share your feelings or stories in the comments down below if you’d like too! I’d love to hear from y’all! Please continue to stay safe purple butterflies! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog today! If you’re enjoying my blogs, why not subscribe to my website? My blogs will go straight to your email. It’s free to sign up! Tell your friends! Tell your friends to tell their friends!
Till next time! Be well!