Updated: Dec 23, 2019
Happy holidays my purple butterflies!
I've always adored Star Wars. Tomorrow millions of other fans will join my excitement when Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker is released. As I have said in my previous blogs, I used to go to the movies a lot but lately I have not been able to go as often.
Here are some tips of what I would recommend for you to try on your next trip to the movies:
1) Check around before you buy your tickets. There may be a theatre near you that has reclining seats. Also if you have reactions to vibrations, sit towards the back of the theatre. It has less of an impact.
2) Avoid Imax and Dolby theatres for the same reason. These theatres have speakers built in the seats and will not make your visit a pleasant one.
3) Rest as much as you can before the outing and give yourself as much time as you need to get to the theatre if you can.
4) If you stand in line for opening night, maybe bring a fold-up chair. If the chairs are uncomfortable, bring a pillow from home.
5) For those with IBS be mindful of the greasy foods at the concession stands. Try and bring snacks from home. This is something I've done many times and it has helped tremendously.
6) Try to take advantage of theaters that offer the dining experience so the staff can bring you snacks, drinks, and 3D glasses (if needed).
7) If you find that you are so uncomfortable during the movie, don't hesitate to leave. Your comfort is worth more than watching any movie.
As always, stay safe and be well!
Till next time!